Do you ever have one of those moments where you are not quite sure what is going on or what just happened, but you know that it is not good? One of those moments where you really have to think about what just went on and try to figure out what you are supposed to do next in a matter of seconds?....Well i have. I have had those moments throughout my life and they are always an adventure to try to figure out. My latest adventure just happened last Thursday.
The day started off with me going to the elementary school. I technically did not have to go, but i sort of volunteered myself to show up and teach. My site teacher had asked me to teach a dance lesson to our students. she even got this great idea to do it with our second grade buddies. and me being the weirdo that i am agreed to do this. It didn't really hit me that i had just agreed to teach dance and movement to sixty student's, who are all 11 and younger, on my own. I even got this grand idea to teach them movement through language arts and have them make up a dance to the book Twas the Night Before Christmas. I seriously think that i may have been insane when i agreed to this. Anyway, When i got there on Thursday we had a lesson on caring for others. Then it was my turn. Overall the whole lesson went really well. It was a bit shaky at the beginning, but the ending product was pretty good. I am not saying that i would do it again with all of them, but i would do it again with some of them.
After dance we had sign language, grammar notes, and then off to lunch. We then had our class party of holidays around the world. Right after school was out i had to run because i had my last math class that evening. I really needed to go because i had to turn in my portfolio and we were doing our final projects in class that night. I quickly left the school and drove home to get my stuff. Then i ran out the door and was off to the U. I looked and the clock and was relieved to see that i had more then enough time to get there. Then it happened.
I was driving on the freeway and was just passing the 5th south exit. I was singing along to some song on the radio when it sounded like a gun went off. It made me jump and the next thing I knew was that I had glass falling all over me. My first though was where is it coming from? I quickly glanced to my left and realized that the glass was falling form the drivers side window. It was completely shattered and galss was going every where. My next thought was What just happened? I was still trying to sort all of this out when i realized that my arm and face were stinging. I looked down and saw that my arm was bleeding in several places. I sort of wonder why since i was still trying to figure it all out.
It finally hit me that i should do something. but what? Here i was driving down the freeway with a shattered window, glass going everywhere, my arm bleeding and i knew i couldn't just stay on the road. I needed to do something about it. I concluded that i should get off of the freeway and park somewhere. Luckily, this all had happened in about a minute and i was just nearing the 2600 south exit in Bountiful. I quickly got off the exit. As i was doing so my brain started to connect what had happened. I knew that my window shattered and that i was bleeding. I also knew that i should park somewhere and call for help. Lucky for me there is a Denny's right off of this exit. I drove right over the the parking lot and pulled in. Then i called my mom.
She asked how i was doing and i answer "not so good". I then went on to explain what had just happened. She said she was going to call and see if she could get me help. While i waited for her to call me back i started to asses the damage done and try to figure out what to do. I still had glass falling and my arm was still bleeding. I knew that i did not have any napkins so i started to look for something that i could use to clean up the blood. When she called back she said that Ben was picking up Wendi and that she would go with them to come and save me. They were going to leave right then and should be there in about a half an hour. When i got off the phone with my mom i realized that i probably was not going to make it to class on time or at all and that i needed to call someone and let them know what was going on. Once i got that covered i needed to figure out what to do next.
I wondered if i should get out of the car or just stay where i was. Since i had glass all over me and it was still falling off i decided that it would be best if i didn't move to much. I was worried that if i tried to move around a lot that i would just end up cutting my self even more than i already was. I ended up finding a rag in the door and used it to wipe up some of the blood on my arm and to put pressure on the cuts that where still bleeding. I ended up sitting there for about a half an hour. When my mom, wendi, and ben got there. They quickly came to help me out. The first thing out of Wendi's mouth was are you ok? the second was "this is uch a blog moment". She then proceed to take pictures of what was going on. (you will have to ask her for them if you want to see them) It just made me laugh and i smiled and played along.
They got enough of the glass removed that i felt safe in getting out of the car. then we proceed to somewhat get the glass off of the seat and out of the window. At the same time i was trying to get all of the glass off of me. It was decided that my mom would take my car home and that Ben and Wendi would drive me over to the train station to get my moms car. from there i would be able to drive to class and get my stuff turned in. It is a good thing that my class was three hours long. It gave me plenty of time to get there. So, i cleaned myself up as best i could and put band aids on the cuts that wouldn't stop bleeding. I then put on my sweatshirt and got my backpack and headed off with Wendi and Ben.
By the end of it i had determined that a rock had hit the window and shattered it while i was driving. I was just thankful that it was not any worse then it was and that i was not terribly hurt. and yes, i did make it to class and get my things turned in. All in all is was a very entertaining adventure, and one that i would rather not repeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment