I know i have missed the last couple of these. Life can get crazy busy as I am sure you all know. But, I did happen to have a Fabulous Friday find this last Friday. And let me tell you, it was utterly fabulous. First of all my dear friend Jenny came along to experience the excitement of something new, second, it was a bright and sunny day, and third, it is just so much fun to discover something new. Our something new this last week was Memory Grove.
Memory Grove Park
Located: 135 E North Temple, Salt Lake City
I choose to go here because it is a place that I have always heard about. I know lots of people who have talked about, I have read about it in books, and I just figured that it was high time I visited this place and figured out what it was and what it had to offer. I wasn't even sure how to find it and where it was really located. I had to look it up on the internet to figure it out and once I did I knew I then needed to visit the place.
Memory Grove is a park that has monuments dedicated to the people who have fought in our wars. There are monuments from World War I to Vietnam. It also has great ground and is just a lovely, peaceful place to walk through. While Jenny and I were walking through and looking at everything we had the thought that this place is a like a Utah version of DC, and because we both enjoy DC we loved every minute we spent in the grove.
The park is laid out right in City Creek Canyon. The city creek runs through the middle and the grounds are covered with grass, trees, flowers and the canyon walls. What some people don't know is that there are also trails that lead you up to City Creek Canyon and up to the capital. The trails up to the capital lead to other monuments that are part of the park. Jenny and I stayed in the main area because of time, but are planning on going back to enjoy and explore the rest of the park.
After our walk through the park we headed down to temple Square and ate lunch at another Fabulous Friday Find.
The Nauvoo Cafe
Located:Joseph Smith Memorial Building, Lower Level
Hours: Mon - Fri 7am to 8pm
Saturday 9am to 8pm
This place was fantastic as well and was also one I didn't know existed. It is a great cafe that serves Hot Carved sandwiches, salads, soups, and the JSMB desserts. They also serve breakfast if you happen to be there that early. I got the Chicken salad sandwich and it was delicious.
So if you ever happen to be downtown and have some time to spare then you should go and check these places out. Memory Grove is a fabulous place for an afternoon stroll and the Nauvoo Cafe is the perfect place for a quick and tasty bite to eat.










No comments:
Post a Comment