As you have probably noticed, I never got around to posting the Fridays fabulous find from over a week ago. Which means that you get that Friday find and the Friday's find we just had in the same post.
The Friday find from over a week ago comes from an interesting store called Unhinged. It is a small store located in Sugarhouse right on 2100 south. I went there with the intention of having the store be my Friday find. And although the store was pretty neat on its own and I enjoyed the time I spent there, I felt like what I purchased was the true fabulous find. This is what I purchased:
This lovely treasure is a diary book. It is made from an old Peter Pan book that was falling apart. So instead of throwing it away they saved the pages they could and added in some blank ones, giving you both parts of a book and a place to write, draw, and dream. This store had a basket full of different books like this. I first inspected them out of cuiousity because I was seeing book titles that I liked. I soon found out what they were and had to get one. When I found Peter Pan I picked it right up. I love the idea of having pieces of a favorite story mixed in with the reality of mine. It makes me want to keep dreaming and living as much as they did in my everyday adventures. And even though I may never fly to Neverland, I still believe that I can learn to fly.
This last weeks Friday's Fabulous find is a little bit different. For you see, I didn't go anywhere to find it. I didn't go to a new store. I didn't go to a new restaurant. And I didn't buy anything new at all. My Friday find is a skirt that looks like this
A skirt that I found in my very own closet. There is something you should know though. I did not find this skirt looking like it does now. I found by going through my closet and pulling things out I no longer wear. I put a bunch of stuff in the DI pile, but there were a few things I thought I could make into something better. One of them was an old brown dress and one was a shirt that I had never worn. I looked at the two items for a moment and decided that they would both be much better if they were combined to be one instead of two. So on Friday night after work and after I had gone toy shopping, book shopping and food shopping, I got to work to make me a skirt. I cut and stared and thought and sewed and cut and thought and sewed, and cut and sewed. Then I stared some more and thought some more and sewed some more and that skirt is what I ended up with. I think it turned out rather cute and wore it to church today with a red shirt, some chunky jewelry and cute brown high heels. Needless to say, I felt cute in it too. So, if you are ever cleaning out your closets and come across some old clothes you never wear, it just might be worth it to think about what you could turn them into before you throw them out. They may just turn into a Friday Fabulous Find.



1 comment:
I think I need a book like that! And FYI- I love the new look. It may not be brand new since I am a little behind the times, but it is so great! And our picture at Lexy's wedding....LOVE LOVE LOVE! I think the common thing here is that I love you!
Post a Comment