This weeks fabulous find is a little different, but I just couldn't pass it up and I couldn't pass up sharing it with you. And even though I found it on a Thursday instead of Friday, and didn't buy till today but I am still going to count it and I hope you enjoy it.
On Thursday I was scheduled to be at work by 10:30 to tutor a student in ACT. I got all ready that morning and walked into work at 10:32...and she was not there. At that moment we got a phone call. It was her saying that she was not was no longer able to come in. That meant that I now did not need to be at work until noon....what to do? It was a beautiful bright and sunny day and I choose to go window shopping...ok just plane shopping.
So I said bye to my boss and headed out the door into the sunshine. I drove the short distance from work down to Sugarhouse and the shops. I went to a few places and enjoyed the time looking around and buying fun stuff. And since I am a book nerd I had to go into Barnes and Noble. This seems to be the store that I go to to kill time since I can wonder around for quite awhile and not get board. It just so happened that this is store where I came across my fabulous find... Can you guess what it is...yes, a book. This book to be specific.
And let me just tell you, this book is AWESOME. I was first drawn to it by the fun cover and then the title made me want to look closer, and I glad I did.
For you see, this book is full of all awesome things. Those things that you seem to forget about but that just make you smile because they exist and they are exactly what they are. the simple things in this world that just make you happy. Things like dancing in the rain, clean wash, realizing that you just got the last piece of cake, being the first to use a new crayon, the small of freshly baked bread, or popping bubble wrap just to hear it pop. This book is full of them all.
To me it is a good reminder of what makes us happy. It is a good reminder that it is the simple things that I love most. This book is ones of those that you want to leave by your bedside so that each day you can flip through it and find the thing that makes you smile. It is a book that reminds you to look for the happy things in life. And it turns out that it has a companion book that is coming out in a month that I will have to buy as well. It also has a wonderful fan song that is a joy to listen too. And if that is just not enough awesomeness for you then you can visit the website 1000awesomethings.com and get your fill of all things awesome. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
The Book of Awesome Trailer


No comments:
Post a Comment