Sunday, March 27, 2011

Friday's Fabulous Find

This last Friday I decided to go to two places since I did not go to one the week before since I was in Disneyland. Although, you could say that I had many fabulous finds in the park.

My friend had told me about some of the places that they have visited and what she thought of them. She recommended these two to me and I am glad I went and checked them out. They are pretty cool and unique. The first place that I went is called Chic and Unique.
Located: 778 South 300 West, Slat Lake City
Hours: Mon - Sat 11am to 7pm
Description: Antique Store
Prices: Very good

This store is not really what you expect it to be. I would describe it as an upscale garage sale. You walk in and the place is full of stuff, really cool stuff. There are tables, chairs, couches, benches, art, clocks, frames, cabinets, old toys, books, lamps, wall decor, and soo much more. If you are need of any furniture or just some some uniquely cool pieces then this is the shop to go too. They have this set of a black table and chairs for around $200.00. I mean, the prices are awesome and the stuff is pretty amazing. Some of the stuff you might want to paint or refinish, but it would be worth it for the cost of it. If I only had a place to decorate or a place that was in need of furniture. I would definitely purchase a few pieces from here.

The second place that I went to is called Ruby Snap. This store happens to be right next to Chic & Unique. It also happens to be one of the best cookie shops that I have ever entered.
Location: 770 South 300 West, Salt Lake City
Hours: Mon - Fri 10am - 6pm and Sat 11am - 5pm
Prices: decent
Description: cookies to die for

I just can't say it enough, this place has amazing cookies. Which they should, because that is basically all they sell. They do have some really cool gum packets and mint packets and a few drinks, but mostly cookies. You walk in and the place looks like it should be in the 50's. It is a retro cookie dinner. On there menu they name each of their cookies after a girl. They have the Lucy, Virginia, Ruby, and so many more. Each cookie has it's own style and unique recipe and are all made fresh every day with fresh ingredients. There motto is that if it is wonderful then it shouldn't belong in your mouth. And let me tell you, there cookies can belong in your mouth. They also feature a new cookie flavor of the month every month. I was able to try a sample of the featured cookie which was called a Lucy. This cookie is a lime cheesecake cookie. Just imagine a cookie crust with cheesecake in the middle, topped off with powered sugar and a lime curd. Delicious.
From there I sat and stared at the menu trying to decide what to purchase. They all sounded so good and I just couldn't decide. The lady helping me kept asking me if I wanted to try other samples. Lets just say that I ended up walking out of there with four cookies and had had another sample inside before I left. I got the following cookies: A Lucy, which I already told you about,
A Judy
A Virginia
A Lilly

And then before I left the store she had me try a sample of the Betty

And they had oh so many more that one could try and eat. It turns out that they also sell the cookie dough as well. So if you do stop by this store one day and fall in love with the cookies, then you can buy the dough to make them anytime you want. Could it get any better? And if I haven't made you drool yet, then do yourself a favor and visit there website at www.rubysnap.com. You wont regret it. Ruby Snap invites you to find a sense of yesteryear when all things were made with simplicity and goodness, and dare to discover…trust me, just go and enjoy.

No comments: